Monday, August 3, 2009

Quick Strikes!

There have been a lotta strands in my mind in the last month.
Although I've had the time to have these thoughts congeal, I'm making the rash decision to just throw a bunch of them at you at once - with the hopes that some of them stick:

Jim Hoosier ("Liam") found me on facebook and asked me to be his friend?!
How cool is that?



At a housewarming party for a friend two weekends ago, their neighbor came over with a dog.
I said, "I think it's a Pomeranian" and promptly began laughing hysterically at my own joke.
Another party goer looked at me and said, "Got a thing for dogs?"
That pretty much knocked me out of my jovial mood, until I replied...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer (long pause) uh, it's a Lebowski reference"



PREDICTION: The "Marty" on the left of the above picture will win first place at the 9th Annual Trivia Contest.
Also, in a reincarnation of the 7th Annual's "Sex Offender with a Record" he should win the unofficial "Spirit of the Fest" award... In more ways than one, he was able to convey his joy that Lebowski Fest truly was the venue he wanted.



Cody and Holly, please find me on facebook! I need to know if Cody reciprocates and flys out to Denver to go to the Lebowski Fest out there. On a personal level, I was touched by your story - and hope you heard the latest episode of the Lebowski Podcast to hear your story. (bonus tidbit: did I sound like a drunken Christopher Walken or what?)



When I first walked up to Bob ("Walter") during the Garden Party to take his picture, he put down his dog carrier, and took a toy gun out of his bowling ball bag (which was in a cloth!). I was instantly impressed... And after he tagged himself in the above picture, I realized that the prevoius twenty some pictures he was tagged in were at his recent wedding. The dichotomy was marvelous.



In a story almost too wonderful to believe - the above two are engaged.
The story is that they met for the first time at a Lebowski Fest.
One lives in Nashville, the other in Birmingham, and they travel a long distance to see each other - and to bowl.



People think I will go to any lenghts to get a laugh.
Thankfully, they haven't realized that I have limits.
Limits, which Scoop of the 7:11 crew don't seem to have.
Capturing his own interpration of Marty's cycle at the Movie Party is one of my personal favorite Lebowski Fest accomplishments.


September 13 and the Portage Theatre, can't arrive soon enough for me!


This week I leave for San Francisco - cousin's wedding.
Just when I thought the days of the ol' Family Vacation days were in my past.
All four of us (the nuclear family) are now over 30 and "grown-ups."
We each were given one "touristy" location to pick.
Obviously, I used my choice to ensure that we plan on having burgers at In-N-Out!

See ya on the other end of my vacation![TQ]

1 comment:

  1. Dude I was in Fort Lauderdale, FL last week and drove past in "Inn N Out" several times. Unfortunately it was an oil change place. For a second I thought maybe those beloved burgers had left the Southwest.

    ReplyDelete